Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hello everyone. Today I am going to write about the reasons of coming to the United States.
During the last year of the university I started looking for a job. Nothing permanent. I just wanted to gain some experience and save money for the summer. I knew I want to follow master degree so I couldn't take any full time job. While looking for something part time I was curios what are the requirements for a good, full time job. Well, as I expected fluent English was a must for most of them. My English skills were terrible. I didn't feel comfortable speaking, I had problems understanding and I couldn't write even one paragraph in English. Somehow I found a brochure about the Au Pair program and decided to take a chance. I went to the meeting with a representative of the agency. I knew they only say the good parts of the program- always advantages. Even though I fell in love with it. I left the meeting and knew I need to try. I didn't have anything to lose. I could start master degree year later and spend a year in the U.S.
I carefully researched the agency, peoples opinions and experiences. Everything seemed very safe, so I just needed to convince my parents to let me go. Honestly, I just needed to fill out the application and the agency took care of everything. I didn't even notice when my trip was set up. Thanks to that, today I am here, in Chicago. I have a wonderful time here and probably will never regret that decision!

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting to find out how you got here. So what happened to that year? Were you an au pair? Have you stayed longer than a year? Do you still want to do a master's degree? How did your parents react to your decision? I have a lot of questions!

    ReplyDelete